Welcome to the Suburban Frontier as I share my experiments, successes, and failures while learning more about clean living, organic eating and gardening, and easy and delicious nutrition. I will share what I have learned and recipes along the way. Stop back every day for more fun!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Homestead - Progress on the New Floor!

This city girl is sure grateful for things like electric sanders today.  Progress on the new floor in the family room is being made.  My poor husband has already spent hours on his knees laying the subfloor and Pergo boards and about 1/3 of the room is done already.
That is where we started.  It has meant lots of toting of boards, lots of time spent in demolition of carpet and padding and carting it out to the trash... and LOTS of furniture moving.  Since that room was full when we started, there is just no place to move everything so we have been working 1/2 the room at a time.
I am excited to see how it shapes up and looks when the floor is getting laid down.  So far, no injuries, but I am sure there will be some by the time we are done.  My job is to finish the baseboards.  After being pried off of the wall, the need sanding, puttying, and then painting before they can be re-installed on the wall beside the beautiful floor.

That reminds me why I am grateful today.  If I was a real pioneer woman, I would not have the wonderful electric sander to do the job in a jiffy, not to mention the nice hot shower at the end of every day, or the electricity that gives us light to keep working after dark, giving us more value in our day.  A New Suburban Pioneer is good enough for me!  I can have the best of all worlds!

Here is where we are at the end of today:
That is about 1/2 of the living area of our family room.  After this picture was taken we had to make sure all of our furniture had non-scratch felt on the feet before moving it over to the "finished" side so Mike could tear up the carpet, pad, tack strip, and baseboards of the other side.

We will be done in time for November entertaining, so if you are one of my in-town friends reading this blog, plan to visit me in November... I will be ready to entertain!



No comments:

Post a Comment