Welcome to the Suburban Frontier as I share my experiments, successes, and failures while learning more about clean living, organic eating and gardening, and easy and delicious nutrition. I will share what I have learned and recipes along the way. Stop back every day for more fun!

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Frugal - Even Journey's Clothes Get Clean

Since last posting about the new SmartKlean Laundry Ball I found and have been using, I have placed them in the homes of 11 of my friends.  Now the results are in.  Everyone loves theirs!
The SmartKlean Laundry Ball washes 365 loads of clothes WITHOUT detergent!  That means it is safer for the environment, better for extending the life of your clothes, easy on the washing machine and pipes, and most importantly, it is easier on your skin.  Residue from laundry detergent stays in the fibers of your clothing and stays against your skin.  Many people develop skin sensitivities to this residue and even develop rashes and the like.

When I first introduce the concept of this laundry ball to people, they are skeptical.  What???  How can it clean without soap??  I too, was a bit skeptical at first but here is some of the proof.... 

I have a child that can get filthy just sitting around watching tv.  ..  Seriously..  She doesn't get out to play as much as she should but the fronts of her shirts and the sleeves of her long sleeve shirts are always dirty. (I pray that is not a reflection of my housecleaning).  Today I washed her NEW sweatshirt with white sleeve ends.  Here is how it looked before
Here is how it looks now after washing with this laundry ball ONLY..  no bleach, no detergent.
Do you see the difference?  The stain is virtually gone.  A testament that what we have believed in the past is not necessarily true!  The laundry ball works!

Here is the laundry ball and some of the features.  Note:  No hot water.  Wash everything in cold.

 How does it work?  The rubber outer shell contains 4 types of mineral ceramic pellets, each specifically designed with different effects to naturally help the water effectively and thoroughly clean the clothes.
  • Antibiotic - eliminates mold and bacteria
  • Alkali - elevates water pH to similar levels of soaps and detergents
  • Far Infrared and Negative Ions - increase molecular motion and decrease surface tension ensuring sterilization
  • Chlorine Exclusion - eliminates chloride compound in water
  • Powerful Magnets in the core break down water clusters and help reduce rust in washing machines
  • The rubber outer shell actually beats and agitates dirt off clothing during wash cycle.
While I am no chemist, I see the results and am no longer skeptical.  Safe for front AND top loading machines.  Safest option for baby clothes and diapers.  Nothing left on the clothes.

You can do your own further research on SmartKlean here:   www.smartklean.com

Every one of the 11 people that I have introduced to this laundry ball love it as much as I do.  One of the things I like best about this ball is that it is cheap!  I get all this and save money too.  365 washings for $45... laundry cost for a year!

If you want me to ship you a laundry ball, I will do that.  Just look for my email address in the "About Me" portion of my blog home page and send me a message.  I will answer questions or ship you a laundry ball and even pay for shipping as my gift to you for following my blog.  I would like nothing better than to hear from you and help you on your journey to a healthier lifestyle!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment