Welcome to the Suburban Frontier as I share my experiments, successes, and failures while learning more about clean living, organic eating and gardening, and easy and delicious nutrition. I will share what I have learned and recipes along the way. Stop back every day for more fun!

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Carrot Fries-Thanks Tracy!

So I am spending time on facebook while watching the potato chips baking.  Journey ate all the chips (ok, we helped) and I have to make more for her lunch tomorrow (that is, unless, school gets called off due to snow.. but I doubt it).

My friend Tracy sent me a facebook message - you know the type.. "I thought of you when I saw this".  It was a Pinterest post about Carrot Fries.  What could be better than that?  So I told her I would try them and if I liked them I would write a blog for you to try it too.

Carrot fries = carrots, olive oil, salt, and an oven at 350 degrees.  And all that = YUMMY!

I was baking a batch of potato chips anyway so the oven was fired up and the salt and olive oil was out so I grabbed a carrot real quick and cut it thinly lengthwise.  Then I coated it in olive oil and salted it good and put it on the stoneware pan for about 15 minutes in the oven.

Can you see the little carrot pieces in amongst the potato chips?





Here is the verdict:  Delicious!!

Shout out to Tracy for thinking of me and sending me that link and for giving me yet another wonderful way to snack healthy and eat my vegetables!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment